Everything is Just Beginning by Erin Bartels

Thursday, February 09, 2023


Photo from Christianbook.com


My Review:

♥♥♥♥ four out of five hearts

 Michael is a normal guy living a normal life -- until one night changes it all. His character is flawed,  relatable, and endearing. Combined with Natalie's smart, quick-witted, and effortlessly cool personality, they make a great combo. I loved Natalie's character- in so many books, a handicapped character is portrayed as a stereotype or a sidekick, but Natalie is no one's sidekick. She marches to the beat of her own drum. 

The messages in the book weren't too heavily handed, either, and shone all the more for their subtlety. I wasn't a fan (at all) of Bartel's last book, The Girl Who Could Breathe Under Water, but I'm glad I decided to give her another chance. Everything is Just Beginning is a realistic story about life and the choices that we make, and the scenes played out in my head like a nostalgic, 1990's movie. 

I voluntarily received this book from the publisher in order to write an honest review. All opinions are truly my own.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!