The Lost Melody by Joanna Davidson Politano

Thursday, November 03, 2022

Photo via GoodReads.com

My Review:

 Joanna Politano's books have a special place on my bookshelf. Her style is unique and unmatched, and never fails to draw me in. There's an element of mystery and intrigue in each story, which is why I was so excited to see that The Lost Melody was releasing in October, just when I'm in the mood for something complex (and just a tad creepy).

Politano's words are lyrical and meaningful, and if I had a highlighter I'd probably have underlined most of the novel. Vivienne is such a great character, and I felt as if I journeyed and changed with her as her circumstances and perspective changed. However, that was also kind of a bad thing, as for the first half of the book I felt as trapped as Vivienne in the dark, old asylum. I struggled to get into the story, but after the first half it got better and I was able to appreciate and enjoy the book. 

While this book was not my favorite of Politano's, it was definitely not a disappointment and left a lot of light and beauty behind in its wake. 


I voluntarily received this book from the publisher in order to write an honest review. All opinions are truly my own.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!