Your Time is Now Devotional by Jonathan Evans

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Photo from Amazon.com

My Review: 

★★★ three out of five stars

 I got this book not realizing that it was a daily devotional, which aren't my favorite as usually I feel they tend to only cover the surface, and don't get very deep. Unfortunately, Your Time is Now has the same depth as I feel the other devotionals do.  While it has a great message inside, I personally didn't feel very impacted by the brevity of the passages.

Also, another false assumption I had was that this book was geared towards teens and young adults, mainly based off of the back cover copy. From the book description- "How does God want to use you? Not your parents. Not your pastor. Not your friend with all the social media followers." Then while reading, the book would reference to "your spouse and kids" and other things that made me realize this was an all-ages devo. I don't know, maybe this was just a mistake I'd make. 

I will say that guys might enjoy the book more than I, a twenty-something girl, did. The author, Jonathan Evans, is a former NFL fullback and currently serves as a chaplain to a football team. Football references make their way into the pages, and football fans who have followed Mr. Evans' career may be able to relate to his words more than I was able to. 

I voluntarily received this book from the publisher in order to write an honest review. All opinions are truly my own.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!