Ordinary on Purpose by Mikala Albertson

Thursday, April 07, 2022

 

Photo from GoodReads.com



My Review:


So many people, myself included, fall into the "perfection" trap, many times without even realizing it. Mikala Albertson suggests that there is a better way, one where we realize that we are all imperfect, struggling human beings living this beautifully ordinary life together. 

This book is perfect for today, where the internet constantly shows us how "wrong" we are living our lives. The author hasn't had an easy life- her husband was a drug addict for many years- which makes her emotional story relatable, and the idea that life wasn't meant to be perfect, all the more powerful. 

I just loved the graceful way Mikala wrote her story. Many of the passages were lyrical and so beautifully worded, and the inviting tone that she used made her feel like a friend offering a hug. 

I'm so glad I picked up this book, and I know many other women are going to be impacted by Mikala's words. 

I voluntarily received this book from the publisher in order to write an honest review. All opinions are truly my own.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!