All That Fills Us by Autumn Lytle

Friday, June 10, 2022

 

Photo from ChristianBook.com


Review:

The star of the show is our main character, Mel. Full of self-deprecating humor and a unique outlook on life, it's not hard to like her. I appreciated how, while this is a book about an eating disorder and that fills up 90% of the pages, anorexia wasn't all to Mel's story. We get to know her as fully as any other character in any other book and her journey took her on different directions that didn't always have to do with her disorder. 

 Readers who have struggled with eating disorders or body image may find this book hard to read at times. It brought me very fully into Mel's head, which wasn't always a good thing for me as I have struggled with some of the same things Mel did. It also helped me, though, especially towards the end of the book when she was finding healing. 

Props to the cover designer- I loved how cheerful and colorful the cover was, even while the inside subject matter dealt with a difficult topic. 

I thought the hiking parts were a bit lacking in reality, but otherwise this is a pretty good book that deals with a difficult topic. I hope this leads more Christian authors to deal with subjects like this one. 

I voluntarily received this book from the publisher in order to write an honest review. All opinions are truly my own.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!