Every Girl Gets Confused, by Janice Thompson

Friday, November 06, 2015


Every Girl Gets Confused, by Janice Thompson

Genre: Contemporary Romance

My Rating: ♥♥♥ Three out of five hearts

Profanity: None

Inappropriate Scenes: None

About:
Katie Fisher and Brady James may be a match made in heaven, but that doesn't seem to guarantee them a happily ever after accompanied by angelic choirs. In fact, the sounds being heard at the bridal shop where she works are on the contentious side lately, as a bride- and groom-to-be try to mediate the growing rivalry between their basketball-obsessed families in the middle of play-off season. On top of that, Katie's parents are nagging her to get out of Dallas and come home to tiny Fairfield where her former boyfriend Carson is waiting for her, ready to rekindle their relationship. Oy vey! What's a girl to do? And will she ever be able to wear that gorgeous wedding dress she won?

 Description from Amazon.com

My Review:
 First of all, I didn't realize this was book 2 in a series (Brides With Style) until I received it, so reading it was a bit confusing, like picking up a story and starting right in the middle, after some crucial things have happened and relationships been established. It can still be read, even if you haven't read the first book, although it will just be a bit more confusing. Now, aside all that, here's what I thought of the book. 
  Ms. Thompson has a good writing style that I enjoyed, although it was in first person, which isn't my favorite, but that's just a preference choice. Also, though, while some have called the book comedic, I didn't really think it was too funny. That leads to the next subject- the characters. I liked Katie and Brady as characters, but her Aunt Alva and grandmother, Queenie, I wasn't as fond of. All of the elderly women in the book to me didn't seem funny a lot of the time, but kind of... clueless, I guess you could say. Now, this may all be because I didn't read the first book, and while the book didn't strike me as funny, my sister thought it was just flipping through it, so this definitely is not the case for everyone.
   The cover was really great looking, although I didn't really feel like it or the title had a lot to do with what the book was about. There didn't seem to be as much "choosing" in the book as the name and cover implied. Here is one thing I did like though- in most Hallmark movies or such, the city boyfriend is always the bad guy, while the country boy is normally the good guy. With Every Girl Gets Confused, this was not the case, as I inaccurately assumed from looking at the front cover. City boy Brady is just as nice as country Casey is. 
 Another thing about the book was that the characters discussed a lot about what happens during the honeymoon. Nothing bad is ever said in any way, nothing explicit, and I just got a bit tired and a little uncomfortable with the subject being brought up so much. 
 All in all, while not really my favorite, this was a pretty good book that fans of the first one (Every Bride Needs a Groom) will probably enjoy.



Note: I got this book free from Revell in exchange for doing a review. All opinions are my own. 

  



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!