On a Coastal Breeze by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Friday, May 15, 2020

Photo via Goodreads.com


Genre: Contemporary Romance

Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ Five out of five hearts= excellent! 

About:

Welcome back to Three Sisters Island, where family, forgiveness, and a second chance at love await
For Madison Grayson, life is good. Newly licensed as a marriage and family therapist, she can't wait to start her practice. Despite the unfortunate shortage of eligible bachelors on the island--they're all too young, too old, or too weird--Maddie feels like she's finally found her sweet spot. Not even one panic attack in the last year. Not one.

And then Ricky O'Shea drops in. Literally. Floating down from the pure blue sky, the one man in the world she hoped never to see again--the one who'd been her archnemesis from kindergarten through her senior dance--parachutes into town, landing on Boon Dock, canopy draping behind him like a superhero. Ricky O'Shea. Now Pastor Rick, the new minister on Three Sisters Island.

Time to panic.


Description from BakerPublishingGroup.com


My Review: 

I'll admit, 99% of the reason I got this book was because of the description. I've never been into Amish fiction and therefore never read a Suzanne Woods Fisher novel, but that description just sounded intriguing! And the book itself? Well, it turned out be be just as good! 

My only problem: several times during the novel, especially during the beginning, I got a little confused with all the POVs and story tidbits that supposedly happened during book one. Apparently, it would be helpful to have read that one first... Still, I eventually figured things out and dove into the story with its unique setting, and entertaining and thought-provoking characters. 

Maddie grew up despising, yet crushing, on her rebel schoolmate, Ricky. And now, he's back in her neck of the woods- as a preacher?! How on earth did this happen? Is it true God can really change people like that? The answer, of course, is yes, and I love the fact that Rick turned from fiery rebel to passionate pastor. I can relate to the story, because it's a similar to my dad's. He too was on the run from God, joined the military, and met a mentor there who led him to the Lord- and years later, he's an unlikely pastor. 

Because I'm a pastor's kid, I'm always on the lookout in books for realistic, relatable pastors, because I think a lot of times they get shortchanged (not all the preachers in the world speak in 'thees' and 'thous' and wear a polo, even on weekdays). Suzanne Woods Fisher delivers with Rick O'Shea, and I am thoroughly satisfied! (Plus, the cute, fun romance was definitely an A+!)

Maddie and her sisters, along with some of the other characters, are struggling with something I can totally relate to- fear. Each is struggling for their own reasons, and the message was so timely and inspiring for today. 

The setting and characters are a sweet, heartwarming escape and Suzanne Woods Fisher has truly created a story that will capture your heart. So glad I got the chance to read this! 


I voluntarily received this book from the publisher in order to write an honest review. All opinions are truly my own.







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!