"More for Girls Only! Devotions," by Carolyn Larsen

Friday, September 18, 2015


"More for Girls Only! Devotions," by Carolyn Larsen

Genre: Juvenile Nonfiction/Christian

My Rating: Five out of Five Hearts ♥♥♥♥♥

About: More for Girls Only! Devotions provides real-life teaching based on key principles from the Bible. It will speak to young girls at a level they can relate to, using relevant terms and fun illustrations. Each devotion features and opening verse, devotion, self-evaluation quiz, ideas for application, memory verses and original illustrations. Topics include caring for others, humility, cheating, worrying, and much more! 
Text from Amazon.com

My Review:
I got this book with my younger sister in mind, and it has not disappointed. The devotions are really helpful, and the short "story" type beginnings are cool and make the devotions even easier to relate to. The quizzes are helpful as well, and help you see what you need to work on spiritually.  The Bible activities are great, too, and my sister loves looking up verses they say to in the concordance of her Bible. It's helped her get used to using it. The activities also include things like listing your worries, giving a compliment to someone each day, etc. There's several quotes in that day's devotion, too, which pertain to what the lesson was about. Quotes by C.S. Lewis, Corrie ten Boom, Francis Chan, etc. Some younger tweens may not be able to understand all of the quotes, but I loved that they were in there! Also, the illustrations were really fun-looking, and the fact that it was all in pink ink gave it a really friendly, girly feel. 
Overall, this is a great tween devotional! I highly recommend it.  
 An example of  the quotes found in the book. 

Note: I got this book free from Tyndale in exchange for doing a review. All opinions are my own. 





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!