Stuff I'd Only Tell God by Jennifer Dukes Lee

Friday, June 16, 2023



Photo and book description from Christianbook.com

About the book: 

Welcome to your own little confession booth.

What would you say if you were completely honest with yourself and with God? It's time to find out.

With daring questions, provocative lists, and quirky charts and illustrations, this journal is a place to record all the stuff you'd only tell God: ideas, beliefs, secrets, memories, wonderings, and wishes--things that might seem outlandish or outrageous to anyone else but are what make you you. You'll find the space, the courage, and the help you need to unearth the real you, the you that is sometimes buried deep beneath a layer of self-protection.

Where to begin? With your beautifully ruthless honesty.


My Review: 

I love this journal! It has prompts both for fun and for thought, that help you reevaluate your life, your purpose, and the people in it. Jennifer Dukes Lee writes in such a friendly, easygoing way and encourages you to open up and be vulnerable with yourself, God, and others. And I loved the variety of the prompts! Questions as fun as "If your life was a movie, what would be the title? What actors would play you, and the people in your life?" and as thought-provoking as "I understand God better because of these people..." and "A person who understands God better because of me..." (that last one really convicted me!). 

 I do wish that the format of the book was different: coil binding for the spine would make the book so much easier to write in, and a little pen loop would also be helpful. That would make the book more aesthetically pleasing, and more appealing to give as a gift. Either way, though, this is a great gift idea for the writers in your life, and also would be great as a way to encourage someone to start journaling. 

I voluntarily received this book from the publisher in order to write an honest review. All opinions are truly my own.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!