THE AESTHETIC TAG |KEEPING IT REAL|

Friday, May 11, 2018

My sister is a big fan of, as it says in the post's title, "keeping it real". Trying to share that with the blogging and internet world (where it can be so, so easy to be someone you're not), she created this tag on her blog- the Aesthetic tag. In case you (like me) aren't sure what 'aesthetic' means, here's the definition-


aes·thet·ic
esˈTHedik/
adjective
  1. concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty.

Keeping it real- that's something we all want and can relate to, right? We always want others to be real, honest with us. I try to do that, be totally honest with others, but it's not easy. I don't post a lot of personal things on this blog, mainly fandom talk and book reviews, but I'd like to give this tag a shot.

Rules:
1. Post the tag photo in the body of your post and copy the title of your post from mine
2. Tag at least three friends who you know enjoys being authentic and real or their blog seems to be that message.
3. Answer all questions if possible and if they don't apply to you, explain why.





1. Post a no-makeup photo. Don't take and retake. You have one shot. It's so easy to take a photo over and over in a world of digital cameras, but before in the world of one step cameras and film, that just wasn't possible. 

Let's go back to that for a quick moment. It's OK. 




I've done few selfies in my life, and most, if not all, of them had to be taken multiple times because the first ones just looked so weird. So my picture is kind of awkward to post, but here it is...

2. The last song you listened to. If you don't remember exact song, then cd (spotify or youtube may help you in this ;). 


The last CD I listened to was Skillet's "Unleashed" (it's awesome for when you're exercising).



3. A collage of pictures that show you. Pinterest is helpful in this or use your own. 



I've never really made a collage before (that I can remember), and while I love art, I'm not the greatest with designing this type of thing, so that's why my collage may look a bit unbalanced. All the pictures are taken by my sister, except the light filtering through the tree branches, the girl on the dock, and the ones of the girl and the guy reading (those were via Pinterest). '

As you can see, a lot of the pictures were involving light- light is kind of a theme with me. I love quotes about it, pictures with it, and my favorite Bible verse speaks about the Light. If I was ever to get a tattoo (which I'm not planning on it, I'm not a big fan of tattoos for myself, personally, but if I was...), I've seen one with the word "lumos" on it and a little burst of light that I was fond of. I was actually going to make the center photo in the collage the words "The Lord is my light" but forgot. As you'll read below, fear is a big thing with me. I've never liked the dark (which I've kind of always equated with fear), ever since I was little, so as you can imagine, I'm a big fan of light and the Light.

4. One moment in your life when God was all you had. 


Like I said above, I've always, always struggled with fear. It's almost a part of me. One night this past year, I woke up and I was terrified. I've never been that afraid before, and it felt as if it was going to consume me. It was not something I'd like to experience again; I was struggling with trusting God to keep me from the darkness, and it felt so close. I think though, through that, I learned something, and hopefully it will help me to not struggle with fear as much. 

5. Last picture you pinned on Pinterest (if applicable). If not Pinterest then last photo on instagram, last tweet on twitter, etc. 




6. What is one thing your readers may not know about you?


Umm.... for some reason my mind is blank. I can't think of anything deep or anything that would make someone go"wow, really?" I guess maybe the fact that I want to take classes and work in the baking industry. And if baking hadn't been my choice, something involving art or nature/plants comes in second. 

7. A Bible verse that helped you through a difficult time. 





8. A book that impacted you greatly. 


Through Waters Deep by Sarah Sundin, as well as With Every Letter by the same author. I read both during a time in my life when I was struggling with figuring out who I was and that I am a normal human being. The characters in both stories I could relate to deeply, and they were really the first fictional characters I'd read in ages that were actually like me, and they were actually the heroes of the stories. No one seemed to think they were weird, either. 



9. Your greatest fear. 


I know the Bible says not to fear evil, but in reality, that's probably one of my worst fears. Evil and spirits and all that. Like I said above, it's getting better, and I'm learning that I don't have to fear anything since I am a child of God, but sometimes your brain won't listen to what you know in your heart to be true. 


10. A word or quote that describes you (Kara Lynn's board here may help you). 



 
I'm all about the little things in life, and my siblings like to tease me because I'm always behind in our nature walks, looking at some small random thing. So I guess this quote would kind of describe me.  I also like this one-







11. A fictional character you relate to deeply. 


Lucy from Narnia, for one. I love how devoted she is to Aslan, but still she makes the wrong choices in regards to coming to him. And the two characters I mentioned in the "Book that impacted you" question. And I also really relate to Tolkien's elves...that's not very deep, though. 



12. If you could describe your greatest dream in one sentence, what would it be?


I'm not very good at this type of question. Other people, when asked this, will have great answers, usually with very amazing things they'd like to do or see happen. And me? I'm not good at dreaming, I guess. I'm more c'est la vie, take every day as it comes. I don't plan ahead, unless it's for a trip or something like that, so I don't really have a good answer for this question, but I'll try my best. 
My greatest dream is to be fulfilling God's will for my life and to be happy with what I do, whether that's in working in a bakery (like I plan on) or something else unexpected He has in store for me. 

And now I tag... 

1. Jessica from Apples of Gold
2. Movie Critic from Movies Meet their Match
3. S.F. from Onward
4. Emily from A Purpose and a Promise

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 lovely thoughts

  1. I love Lucy from the Chronicles of Narnia. I am rereading the series and she is great, and very relatable!

    Thanks for tagging me! I have a lot of posts I need to do on my blog (20 drafts), but if I have time I will do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy's always been a favorite of mine, and I've always been able to relate to her, even when I was too young to realize why. Have fun re-reading the "Narnia" books!
      And you're welcome, but wow- twenty drafts?! And I thought my few drafts were a lot! Well, I look forward to seeing your answers if you decide to do the Aesthetic tag.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful aesthetics, Korin. I love your little collage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had fun making the collage. Thanks for reading my post!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for tagging me, Korin, and I enjoyed reading your answers! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Emily! Thank you for reading. :)

      Delete
  4. It was interesting to read your answers, Korin! There's beauty in being real, and I find it very refreshing, honestly. I relate to your fears, and struggling with fear itself, and your thoughts on light were also beautiful. Thanks for the tag! I intend on doing it soon. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! I appreciate that. And yeah, I find being real very refreshing as well- it can be so easy to try to look all put together or to try to impress someone by seeming more OK than you are. And you're welcome- I look forward to seeing your responses to the tag!

      Delete
  5. I loved reading your answers to this tag. Thanks of sharing a bit of YOU with us. :) And thanks for tagging me!
    ~S>F>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome for the tag, S.F.! Thank you for your sweet comment and for reading. :)

      Delete

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!