My First Review: "The Princess Spy", by Melanie Dickerson

Friday, June 05, 2015

"The Princess Spy," by Melanie Dickerson

Genre: Teen Fiction

                                 About the Book:
Margaretha has always been a romantic, and she hopes her newest suitor, Lord Claybrook, is destined to be her one true love. But then an injured man is brought to Hagenheim Castle, claiming to be an English lord who was attacked by Claybrook and left for dead. And only Mararetha---one of the few who speaks his language---understands the wild story.
Unable to pass his message on to her father, the duke, Margaretha convinces herself "Lord Colin" is just an addled stranger. But when Colin asks her to spy on Claybrook as repayment for retrieving a lost heirloom, Margaretha discovers that she might be very wrong about both Colin and her potential betrothed.     Description from Christianbook.com
My Rating:  Four Stars ****
Profanity: None
Sensuality: A girl is said to be pregnant out of wedlock
                                          My Review:
I have read almost all of Mrs. Dickerson's books (which are all loosely based on a different fairytale- this one was based on the Frog Prince ) and have enjoyed them very much, therefore I had high expectations for this book- and was not disappointed. It's a very clean book ( no cussing or inappropriate scenes), but all of Mrs. Dickerson's are, which is one thing I love about her books. There is not much I don't like about  "The Princess Spy," except for one thing- I'm not always fond of her writing style. This is only a small thing, though.  I could easily forge it as there is a the great plot, story line and action, that draws me away from it. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Christian teen fiction and realistic fairy tales. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 lovely thoughts

I love comments- they make my day! However, please be nice and leave no spam or comments with offensive language. Thanks!